About Our Parish

In The Beginning ...

The history of Saint Albert the Great Catholic Community began seventy-one years ago in 1946, when the parish was incorporated in the county of Washoe and the city of Reno, Nevada, as a parish of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Reno. 

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Reno was at the time the Episcopal See for the entire state of Nevada. To learn more of the history of the Diocese of Reno click here.

 

Our Church

The current Church of St. Albert the Great was dedicated to the honor of God on May 11, 1985 by the Most Reverend Norman McFarland, Bishop of the Diocese of Reno - Las Vegas. Father Francis Timoney was the pastor at the time of the dedication.